God forbid, someone broke into my flat and stole ALL my makeup – because let’s face it, losing my makeup bag would be sad, but I have backups of almost everything in it. Anyway, back to the horror story: I am looted of all eyeshadow palettes, drawers of lipsticks, mascaras, blushers and eye liners… What do I go out and buy?
Like a distressed, headless chicken… I would snap up the following:
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation (aka “CRACK” to makeup lovers) in shades Fiji for winter and Punjab for summer. I love the flawless look it gives to my skin. It has a really beautiful texture, unrivaled by any other foundation.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in shade Vanilla. This is my ultimate under-eye concealer. It is the bestest, nothing more to say.
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in shade number 7. This concealer covers all manner of blemishes, scars, redness, hangovers and colds. It is a witchcraft makeup, because this looks like my naked skin, if my skin were perfect. It’s dangerously deceiving.
- Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curlers – My eyelashes are like a giraffe’s – STRAIGHT, just like my hurr. These amazing curlers are, superior to Shu Uemura’s, in my opinion. This is possibly down to the little known fact that Kevyn designed the Shu curlers, before going on to create his own, so of course made them better. Beauty fact of the day!
- Kevyn Aucoin Volumising Mascara – It has a tubing formula with an amazing little wand, doesn’t budge and can be layered to look so amazing, I’ve been asked which Girls Aloud lashes I am wearing! This mascara is removed with warm water on a flannel, and it comes off in little tubes. The first time I removed this mascara, I thought all my eyelashes had fallen out! No panda eyes with this mascara. It is the perfect naughty-night to early morning scenario makeup product.
- Bourgois 16 Hour Liquid Liner – The feline flick is my thang. This is the best liquid liner I have found (thanks Thomasin! Shout out!). The brush applicator gives the easiest, blackest and straightest line.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette – All the eye shadows you ever need. Really beautiful neutral colours, buttery formulas and endless creative possibilities.
- Anastasia Brow Wizz: The best of the best of the best, sir. This pencil makes my eyebrows sing. It has an awesome little spoolie brush on one end, fine point automatic pencil on the other end, not a hint of red, and a hard yet waxy texture. What more do you want!?
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (in pearl or moonstone) – the most beautiful liquid formula of shimmer. So fine and ironically without detectable shimmer particles, my cheekbones look plastic fantastic when i wear this.
- NARS Virtual Domination Blusher Palette – it has the coveted Laguna bronzer and universally flattering Deep Throat blush. Really great value for money and has all your cheek needs covered for contour, pretty pink and shimmery Miss Liberty highlighter. My walking out the door check list is: keys, phone, Oyster card, purse, NARS Virtual Domination Palette. Yes really.
- Sensai Cellular Performance Pressed Powder. Mary Greenwell recommended this to me and she was right to claim it is best pressed powder in the world. If this is beyond your budget for a pressed powder, because it is *ahem* £65 – exclusive to Harrods… The Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder is nearly as awesome, but the packaging SUCKS.
- Lipstick Queen Saint Lipstick in Pinky Nude – I apply this all the time, non-stop. My perfect nude lip. Don’t know what I would wear if this wasn’t in my life.
- Nivea Lip Balm in Vanilla and Macadamia – so good, so hydrating and smells divine. I have recently finished a By Terry Baume De Rose and couldn’t bring myself to replenish a £38 lip balm… so rediscovered this and my lips feel just as soft.
- Charlotte Tilbury lipgloss in Sweet Stiletto – the perfect accompanying gloss to Lipstick Queen Pinky Nude.
I am very fortunate to try most new luxury makeup products. Compared to the size of my collection, these products get used so often it is a sad shame for all my unloved Chanel lipsticks and attention-deprived MAC eyeshadows 🙁
There we have it, the makeup I reach for time and time again, and would be lost* without it.
Lost – meaning: to scare small children.